What is the PDA?
The UCI Postdoctoral Association (PDA) is a grassroots, volunteer organization that was officially recognized in 2009 as an advisory group to the UCIrvine Graduate Division (who has primary responsibility for overseeing the postdoctoral experience). All postdocs can participate in PDA events! The PDA board is a group of enthusiastic volunteer postdocs dedicated to supporting the postdoc community by providing professional development programs as well as social/networking events.
- To build a vibrant postdoctoral community at UC Irvine by fostering professional and social interactions among postdoctoral scholars.
- To identify resources and create partnerships throughout campus, with the goal of enhancing the professional development and experience of over 300 postdocs.
- To provide a forum to disseminate accurate information and address issues relevant to postdoctoral scholars other than issues covered by the union representation.
- To promote a productive dialogue among postdoctoral scholars, the administration, the faculty, and industry.
- To provide advice to the Dean of Graduate Studies, Office of Research and the Graduate Research Center on Postdoctoral issues.
Join Us On The Board
You are invited to participate on the board; responsibilities are shared so it doesn’t take a lot of time. Serving on the board develops your leadership, organization skills, and communication skills. You can initiate projects that are important to you whether it be outreach to undergrads, creating a workshop series, or a social event. These projects enable you to describe your “soft skills” at job interviews. The Graduate Division provides funding to the PDA.
Not ready to join the board? That’s okay. Just come to the events!
View minutes from past board meetings here. You will need to log in with your UCInetID.