Several banking options are available near UCI. Most will require two forms of identification and a local mailing address in order for you to open an account (foreign IDs are usually not accepted).
- Bank of America: Branch at Newport Beach. ATM on campus.
- Chase Bank: Branch at Campus Plaza. ATM on campus.
- Citibank: Fee-free international transfers if you have a Citibank account in a foreign country. Branch at Newport Beach.
- Schools First Federal Credit Union: Branch and ATM on campus.
- Wells Fargo: Branch and ATM on campus.
- US Bank. Branch at Newport Beach.
Schools First Summer Saver Account
The Summer Saver account is a high interest rate savings account for staff members. Note that you are required to have a US government issued ID to apply (foreign passport is not accepted).
Credit Cards are available at most of the major financial institutions. If you wish to obtain one, a credit check will be preformed. For those with poor or no credit history, you can obtain a secured credit card. Most banks offer these.
All postdoc scholars (domestic and international) are required to file federal and state income taxes. The International Center provides a very nice guide on the forms that are needed to be completed depending on your situation.