From UCIrvine Graduate Division – the office that oversees postdocs provides the following resources:
Other UCIrvine Resources
- Career development: UC Irvine GPS-Biomed
- UAW Local 5810 – all Postdocs at UCIrvine are represented by a union agreement
- Webmail – Access your UCI.edu e-mail through the Internet
- At Your Service Online – University of California portal for managing benefits, tax withholding, earnings statements
- Health Insurance – enrollment options and benefits for medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance. Note that postdocs are eligible for health insurance coverage while on appointment, and for temporary coverage through COBRA (a federal program that provides you the opportunity to maintain your existing coverage for a specified length of time) afterwards. Click here for more information on health insurance plans for newly appointed postdocs.
- Transportation options – UCI provides benefits for employees who choose not to drive to campus and offers discounts on local train and bus services. If you park on campus, you must have a permit.
- Office of Technology Alliances – Information about intellectual property and consulting policies
- Sustainability Postdocs at UCI – Enhance your career development and contribution to research, education, operations, and community activities with the growing efforts on campus.
- Grant Writing Resources!!
Living in Orange County
Trying to buy or sell something?