What is the PDA?
The UCI Postdoctoral Association (PDA) is a grassroots, volunteer organization that was officially recognized in 2009 as an advisory group to the UCIrvine Graduate Division (who has primary responsibility for overseeing the postdoctoral experience). All Postdocs are members and welcome to participate and contribute to the PDA.
- To build a vibrant postdoctoral community at UC Irvine by fostering professional and social interactions among postdoctoral scholars.
- To identify resources and create partnerships throughout campus, with the goal of enhancing the professional development and experience of over 300 postdocs.
- To provide a forum to disseminate accurate information and address issues relevant to postdoctoral scholars other than issues covered by the union representation.
- To promote a productive dialogue among postdoctoral scholars, the administration, the faculty, and industry.
- To provide advice to the Dean of Graduate Studies, Office of Research and the Graduate Research Center on Postdoctoral issues.